Buying a new television can be a tedious task especially if you are not too interested in the tech itself but rather on what shows on your screen. The newest models always come packed with the latest technologies and features that all are a must-have if you ask someone who is trying to sell you something.
Well, today is your lucky day since we are not here to sell you anything! We are just trying to help you make some sense out of the ever evolving field of TV’s.
- SAMSUNG OLED TECHNOLOGY: See movies, games, and more in a whole new light thanks to the mesmerizing picture quality across a full range of gorgeous colors; Only a brand like Samsung can provide incredible detail and unbelievable screen brightness.voltage : 120 volts
- NEURAL QUANTUM PROCESSOR W/ 4K UPSCALING: If you’re streaming an HD movie, watching sports, or looking at home videos, experience it all transformed into sharp 4K resolution with our high-performance, AI powered processor*
- QUANTUM HDR OLED: With fine-tuned brightness and optimized contrast made possible by self-illuminating pixels, your picture is instantly enhanced as Quantum HDR OLED analyzes each scene so you can enjoy rich and accurate colors
- PANTONE VALIDATED: Enjoy color validated by industry leading experts at Pantone, so that images on the screen look as incredible as they do in real life
- DOLBY ATMOS & OBJECT TRACKING SOUND LITE: Keep your ears on the action with Dolby Atmos and virtual top speakers that follow the story; When a dragon swoops across the screen, 3D sound moves along with it thanks to Object Tracking Sound Lite
- With LG's 8 million self-lit OLED pixels, you'll get a vivid viewing experience with infinite contrast, deep black, and over a billion colors that add depth and bring out the best in whatever you're watching.Bluetooth Support Version 5.0, Power Supply (Voltage, Hz) AC 120V, 50/60Hz.
- Engineered especially for LG, the advanced α7 Gen5 AI Processor 4K algorithmically adapts and adjusts picture and sound quality for a lifelike viewing experience with depth and rich color
- Get in the action with an impressive 120Hz refresh rate that keeps up with the fast movement in sports, video games, and movies for a sharp picture with smooth motion from start to finish
- Be at the top of your game with NVIDIA G-SYNC, FreeSync Premium, and VRR to experience real-time action, plus the LG Game Optimizer and four HDMI 2.1 ports to get you (and keep you) in the action
- Mount it on the wall with a 300 x 200 VESA mount (sold separately). Magic Remote, remote control batteries (AA), power cable, and quick start guide are included. TV stand sold separately
- LG OLED EVO: The LG OLED evo is powered by the a9 AI Processor Gen6—made exclusively for LG OLED—for beautiful picture and performance. The Brightness Booster improves brightness so you get luminous picture and high contrast, even in well-lit rooms.* AI-assisted deep learning analyzes what you're watching to choose the best picture and sound setting for your content.
- ULTRA SLIM DESIGN: The LG OLED evo C3 blends into the background with an almost invisible bezel for a seamless look. When you're finished watching, display paintings, photos and other content to blend the LG OLED evo C3 into your space.
- webOS 23 & LG CHANNELS: Less searching, more streaming, thanks to the next generation of AI technology. Enjoy your favorite content including fitness, sports, entertainment and more. With Quick Cards, group your favorite apps into categories and use the Magic Remote to easily find what you're looking for. Get instant access to over 300 free channels with LG Channels.*
- DOLBY VISION + HOME THEATER: Experience the magic of the big screen right from your couch. Every LG OLED comes loaded with Dolby Vision for extraordinary color, contrast and brightness, plus Dolby Atmos* for wrap-around sound. Land in the center of the action with LG's FILMMAKER MODE, allowing you to see films just as the director intended.
- ULTIMATE GAMING: Packed with gaming features, the LG OLED evo C-Series comes with everything you need to win. Experience crisp, smooth imagery from a 0.1ms response time and native 120Hz refresh rate. All LG OLED TVs have NVIDIA G-Sync, AMD FreeSync Premium and VRR to further improve gaming quality. Four HDMI 2.1 inputs allow you to plug in all the devices you need. Whether you game on consoles or on the cloud,* the LG Game Dashboard and Game Optimizer put all the control at your fingertips.
- Experience amazing, beautiful picture quality with infinite contrast, deep black, and over a billion colors, now even brighter*, thanks to LG's 8 million self-lit OLED pixels.Bluetooth Support Version 5.0, Power Supply (Voltage, Hz) AC 120V, 50/60Hz..Operating Temperature : 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F).
- Engineered exclusively for LG, the α9 Gen 5 AI Processor 4K adapts to the content you're watching, automatically adjusting the TV's settings for improved picture and sound quality
- Eliminate unnecessary processing with movies and preserve the action the way film directors intend with Filmmaker Mode, and enhance every moment of your viewing experience with Dolby Vision IQ and Dolby Atmos**
- LG Game Optimizer mode with NVIDIA G-SYNC, FreeSync Premium, and Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) improve your gaming experience with fluid on-screen motion. Game Optimizer manages your game settings all in one place
- Mount it on the wall with a 300 x 200 VESA mount (sold separately). Magic Remote with Magic Tap, remote control batteries (AA), power cable, wall mount, and quick start guide are included. TV stand sold separately
- LIFELIKE OLED PICTURE– The intelligent and powerful Cognitive Processor XR delivers an OLED picture with wide dynamic contrast, detailed blacks, natural colors, and high peak brightness, replicating how we see the real world.
- OLED CONTRAST AND COLOR– Pure black, lifelike brightness, and billions of accurate colors enhanced by XR OLED Contrast Pro and XR Triluminos Pro.
- PREMIUM SMART TV – Get access to all your favorite streaming apps in one place with Google TV, and simply use your voice to search and ask questions with Google Assistant. Supports Apple AirPlay.
- ENHANCED ENTERTAINMENT – Enjoy engaging and immersive cinematic content the way the creators intended, with support for Dolby Vision, IMAX Enhanced, Netflix Adaptive Calibrated Mode, and more.
- MOVIES ON US WITH BRAVIA CORE - Enjoy streaming high-bitrate, high-quality 4K UHD movies included with the BRAVIA CORE app. Get 5 credits to redeem on latest release movies and 12 months subscription on hundreds of classics.
What Should You Look For?
These are the aspects you should take into consideration when buying a television.
The most important part of the television is, surprise surprise, the screen, and the most distinctive feature of the screen is its size.
Measure the area on which you are planning to place the TV and figure out which size will fit there. There are lots of calculators out there to measuring the “ideal” viewing distance for each size, but generally speaking we are firm believers of the old fashioned “the bigger the better” ideology- unless we are talking about extra cramped spaces. All these calculations are best done with your own eyes and a little bit of common sense.
If your last TV buying experience is not exactly recent, one thing to keep in mind is that the new models come with tiny frames. This means that you will have more screen area in a new 42″ TV than you had on one bought ten years ago.
This is the part where the faint-hearted tend to give up with all the different numbers and letter combinations. But fear not, they are not as complicated as they might first seem. Picture quality is one of those factors that are not just something for the sales people to boast on – there are actually differences between different models. If you want the picture to be as crisp as possible, buy a 4K (Ultra HD, UHD) television. The resolution (pixels on the screen) is four times bigger than in Full HD televisions.
As Netflix, Amazon Prime and plenty of others streaming services have already started supporting 4K streaming you will miss out on a lot of eye candy if you settle for less. 4K is the resolution of this day and will soon enough become the standard until even bigger resolutions surpass it. This is not a dying gimmick like 3D.
But size is not all that matters. If you want a complete viewing experience (at least in terms of the technological aspects) you need to take colors and contrast into account too. This is best guaranteed by choosing an OLED TV with HDR support.
The millions of colors at their best, complimented with the blackest of the blacks will treat your eyes in ways the older technologies never could. As a cherry on top OLED screens generally have higher refresh rates, making them ideal for watching fast paced sports for example.
4K televisions can also scale up regular Full HD video making it look better than it would from a FHD television.
High Dynamic Range (HDR)
HDR is arguably as important as 4K resolution if you want a TV that will serve you optimally for the years to come.
As a rough generalization 4K will aid the picture with sharpness while HDR takes care of the vibrancy of the colors, brightness and contrast.
The basic idea of High Dynamic Range in layman’s terms is that it makes the picture look more natural by enhancing the distinction between the smallest differences of tones.
Not all HDR televisions support the technology in full effect though. If you want the best, be sure that it supports the Ultra HD Premium standard.
Smart TV Features
Smart TVs have become a industry default in a short time span and it might sound a bit confusing if your knowledge of televisions is somewhat outdated.
What it means is that the modern televisions come with the ability to use various streaming platforms (Netflix, YouTube etc) straight from the telly without any further accessories. You can even use a traditional web browser with them. Tech-wise this means that smart TVs come equipped with a processor and internet connectivity.
This might seem a bit unnecessary if your television watching habits are from the time before smart TVs but believe us: watching your favorite show’s whenever you want with the ability to pause and rewind when you want is something that you will miss once you get used to it. Not to mention the enormous libraries of content that is available on these platforms.
One thing that the latest technology hasn’t yet brought into the tellies is proper audio.
If you are the least bit serious about entertainment you must buy some sort of external audio equipment. In the past this would have required a whole another guide (and still does if you are an audiophile), but the easiest way to upgrade the audio experience is to buy a sound bar subwoofer combo. These handy devices have gained massive popularity with their ease of use. Today they even sound great, making them a real contender for the usual amplifier + speaker set combo.
If you are going for extra style points you should also look into wall mounting.
Last update on 2023-12-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API