Buying a new television can be a tedious task especially if you are not too interested in the tech itself but rather on what shows on your screen. The newest models always come packed with the latest technologies and features that all are a must-have if you ask someone who is trying to sell you something. Well, today is your lucky day since we are not here to sell you anything! We are just trying to help you make some sense out of the ever evolving field of TV’s.
- LG OLED TV with AI (Artificial Intelligence) ThinQ has the Google Assistant built in, so you can control compatible smart home devices using just your voice through the LG Magic Remote. Create a center for your smart home and beyond. Plus it works with Amazon Alexa devices (sold separately)
- The α7 Intelligent Processor inside the OLED B8 enhances 4K HDR content for a truly cinematic experience. Enjoy a more lifelike picture with superior depth, sharpness, and remarkably accurate color
- Pixel Level Dimming enables each of the 8.3 million individually lit pixels of the LG OLED TV with AI ThinQ to brighten, dim or power off completely, achieving perfect black and displaying a level of picture detail impossible with any other television technology
- 4K Cinema HDR on LG OLED TV with AI ThinQ features comprehensive support of major high dynamic range formats including Dolby Vision, as well as HDR10 and HLG, both with LG's advanced tone mapping technology that provides scene by scene optimization
- Dolby Atmos is the same audio technology developed for state of the art cinemas, with immersive sound that appears to come from everywhere, putting you in the middle of all the excitement
- Get Disney Plus for a year with the purchase of this TV
- LG a9 GEN 2 INTELLIGENT PROCESSOR: Images, action and color are brought to new life to instantly enhance picture quality through LG's best 4K processor, empowered by AI at its core.
- LG THINQ, ALEXA AND GOOGLE ASSISTANT: LG TVs are the first to integrate both the Google Assistant and Alexa with LG ThinQ AI technology.
- DOLBY VISION AND DOLBY ATMOS: Transform your TV into an entertainment powerhouse Advanced image and sound technologies inspired by the cinema optimize picture and sound for a spectacular, more lifelike experience in every scene. The ultra-vivid picture and powerful, moving audio seem to flow all around you.
- NVIDIA G-SYNC COMPATIBILITY: exceptional picture quality of perfect black and intense colors combine with smooth gameplay to take PC gaming to new heights.
- 100% COLOR VOLUME WITH QUANTUM DOTS: Powered by Quantum dots, Samsung's 4K QLED TV offers over a billion shades of brilliant color and 100% color volume for exceptional depth of detail that will draw you in to the picture for the best 4K TV experience
- QUANTUM PROCESSOR 4K: Intelligently powered processor instantly upscales content to 4K for sharp detail and refined color
- QUANTUM HDR 4X: 4K depth of detail with high dynamic range powered by HDR10+ delivers the lightest to darkest colors, scene by scene, for amazing picture realism
- AMBIENT MODE: Customizes and complements your living space by turning a blank screen of this big screen TV into enticing visuals including décor, info, photos and artwork
- SMART TV FEATURES: OneRemote to control all compatible devices, Bixby voice command, on-screen universal guide, SmartThings to control compatible home appliances and devices, smart speaker expandability with Alexa and Google Assistant compatibility, and more
What Should You Look For?
These are the aspects you should take into consideration when buying a television.
The most important part of the television is, surprise surprise, the screen, and the most distinctive feature of the screen is its size. Measure the area on which you are planning to place the TV and figure out which size will fit there. There are lots of calculators out there to measuring the “ideal” viewing distance for each size, but generally speaking we are firm believers of the old fashioned “the bigger the better” ideology- unless we are talking about extra cramped spaces. All these calculations are best done with your own eyes and a little bit of common sense.
If your last TV buying experience is not exactly recent, one thing to keep in mind is that the new models come with tiny frames. This means that you will have more screen area in a new 42″ TV than you had on one bought ten years ago.
This is the part where the faint-hearted tend to give up with all the different numbers and letter combinations. But fear not, they are not as complicated as they might first seem. Picture quality is one of those factors that are not just something for the sales people to boast on – there are actually differences between different models. If you want the picture to be as crisp as possible, buy a 4K (Ultra HD, UHD) television. The resolution (pixels on the screen) is four times bigger than in Full HD televisions.
As Netflix, Amazon and plenty of others streaming services have already started supporting 4K streaming you will miss out on a lot of eye candy if you settle for less. 4K is the resolution of this day and will soon enough become the standard until even bigger resolutions surpass it. This is not a dying gimmick like 3D.
But size is not all that matters. If you want a complete viewing experience (at least in terms of the technological aspects) you need to take colors and contrast into account too. This is best guaranteed by choosing an OLED TV with HDR support. The millions of colors at their best complimented with the blackest of the blacks will treat your eyes in ways the older technologies never could and as a cherry on top OLED screens generally have higher refresh rates, making them ideal for watching fast paced sports for example.
4K televisions can also scale up regular Full HD video making it look better than it would from a FHD television.
High Dynamic Range (HDR)
HDR is arguably as important as 4K resolution if you want a TV that will serve you optimally for the years to come. As a rough generalization 4K will aid the picture with sharpness while HDR takes care of the vibrancy of the colors, brightness and contrast. The basic idea of High Dynamic Range in layman’s terms is that it makes the picture look more natural by enhancing the distinction between the smallest differences of tones.
Not all HDR televisions support the technology in full effect though. If you want the best, be sure that it supports the Ultra HD Premium standard.
Smart TV features
Smart TV’s have become a industry default in a short time span and it might sound a bit confusing if your knowledge of televisions is somewhat outdated. What it means is that the modern televisions come with the ability to use various streaming platforms (Netflix, YouTube etc) straight from the telly without any further accessories. You can even use a traditional web browser with them. Tech-wise this means that smart TV’s come equipped with a processor and internet connectivity.
This might seem a bit unnecessary if your television watching habits are from the time before smart TV’s but believe us: watching your favorite show’s whenever you want with the ability to pause and rewind when you want is something that you will miss once you get used to it. Not to mention the enormous libraries of content that is available on these platforms.
One thing that the latest technology hasn’t yet brought into the tellies is proper audio. If you are the least bit serious about entertainment you must buy some sort of external audio equipment. In the past this would have required a whole another guide (and still does if you are an audiophile) but the easiest way to upgrade the audio experience is to buy a sound bar. These handy devices have gained massive popularity with their ease of use. Today they even sound great, making them a real contender for the usual amplifier + speaker set combo.
- A PREMIUM ULTRA SLIM SOUND BAR WITH INCLUDED WIRELESS SUBWOOFER 5 powerful full range drivers deliver BEAUTFUL RICH SOUND WITH DEEP BASS. POLK'S EXCLUSIVE VOICE ADJUST TECHNOLOGY & Dolby Digital Decoding maximizes sound clarity & reduces voice delays
- EXCELLENT SOUND AND VALUE on par with any mid to high range sound bars available in the market. At just over 2 inches tall, it fits most spaces easily wall mount it or place in front of your TV. It won't block your TV's bottom edge or IR remote sensor
- UPGRADE YOUR HOME THEATER EXPERIENCE Watch your favorite shows on your 4K HD Smart TV with exceptional picture quality & crystal clear sound. With numerous connection possibilities, plug in any audio source via HDMI ARC, optical input & AUX
- WIRELESSLY STREAM MUSIC from your favorite streaming apps like Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, and others directly from your smartphone, tablet or other compatible device through the built in Bluetooth technology
- SET UP YOUR SOUND BAR IN MINUTES with the included subwoofer and necessary cables -just unpack, connect and listen.
- WIRELESS SUBWOOFER: Feel the subtle rumble of distant thunder and earthshattering sound as it pounds the air around you in the wireless subwoofer that boasts a frequency response (amp) of 43Hz~20kHz
- SMART SOUND TECHNOLOGY: The soundbar automatically analyzes the content and optimizes the sound setting for the best experience
- GAME MODE: Claim more glorious victories with a special setting that boosts game sound effects
- CLUTTER-FREE WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY: Bluetooth connectivity for easy wireless connections allows you to enjoy music from your mobile devices with no strings attached
- PAIRS WITH SAMSUNG TVS: Optimized to work seamlessly with Samsung TVs and deliver a superior entertainment experience
- Powerful Bass: built-in a 3-inch subwoofer, provide deep bass for all your movies, music, gaming and TV Shows, enhance your hearing experience
- 34-Inch Loud Sound Bar 60w: except a subwoofers, also built-in 2x 3-inch full range speaker, total 3 drivers, output 100dB surround sound in your room, upgrade your TV audio experience, 34-inch great fit for 40" or above class TVs, compatible with Samsung,Vizio, TCL, LG, Sharp, Philips, Sony Element and almost all TVs
- Clear Voice:2.1 channel designed with DSP Technology for amazing clarity and precision, let you enjoy fantastic home theater experience, support 4 sound modes including movie, news, music default sound mode, what's more, bass and treble are adjustable under default mode
- Multiple Inputs: enjoy wireless streaming music via the Bluetooth 4.0 from your smartphones, tablet, PC and other Bluetooth embed devices; or choose wired connection including RCA, AUX, coaxial and optical input, compatible with TVs, projectors, computers, smartphones, tablet, PCs, PS4, DVDs and other devices
- More Features: remote controller supplied(cannot compatible with the TV remote or universal remote); wall mount kit provided; one year warranty, 45 days money back guarantee, lifetime technical support, please feel free to contact us through Amazon message or service mail
If you are going for extra style points you should also look into wall mounting.