Buying a new television can be a tedious task especially if you are not too interested in the tech itself but rather on what shows on your screen. The newest models always come packed with the latest technologies and features that all are a must-have if you ask someone who is trying to sell you something. Well, today is your lucky day since we are not here to sell you anything! We are just trying to help you make some sense out of the ever evolving field of TV’s.
- LG OLED TV with AI (Artificial Intelligence) ThinQ has the Google Assistant built in, so you can control compatible smart home devices using just your voice through the LG Magic Remote. Create a center for your smart home and beyond. Plus it works with Amazon Alexa devices (sold separately)
- The α7 Intelligent Processor inside the OLED B8 enhances 4K HDR content for a truly cinematic experience. Enjoy a more lifelike picture with superior depth, sharpness, and remarkably accurate color
- Pixel Level Dimming enables each of the 8.3 million individually lit pixels of the LG OLED TV with AI ThinQ to brighten, dim or power off completely, achieving perfect black and displaying a level of picture detail impossible with any other television technology
- 4K Cinema HDR on LG OLED TV with AI ThinQ features comprehensive support of major high dynamic range formats including Dolby Vision, as well as HDR10 and HLG, both with LG's advanced tone mapping technology that provides scene by scene optimization
- Dolby Atmos is the same audio technology developed for state of the art cinemas, with immersive sound that appears to come from everywhere, putting you in the middle of all the excitement
- LG AUTHORIZED DEALER - Includes Full LG USA WARRANTY
- LG OLED55C9PUA 55" C9 4K HDR Smart OLED TV w/ AI ThinQ (2019 Model)
- Once you've watched your favorites on LG OLED TV, every other flat screen just looks flat. Movies, shows, sports, gaming - OLED displays it all in a new light, bringing out richness in all colors and uncovering what was once hidden in crisp, clear detail.
- INCLUDED IN THE BOX: OLED55C9PUA 55" C9 4K HDR Smart OLED TV | Magic Remote | Remote Control Battery | Power Cable | Quick Start | Guide E-Manual
- BUNDLE INCLUDES: LG OLED55C9PUA 55" C9 4K HDR Smart OLED TV w/ AI ThinQ (2019 Model) | Deco Gear Home Theater Surround Sound 31" Soundbar | 40 Watts 2.1 CH Audio, Bluetooth, NFC | 2.4GHz Wireless Backlit Keyboard Smart Remote | Deco Mount Flat Wall Mount Kit Ultimate Bundle for 45-90 inch TVs | SurgePro 6 NT 750 Joule 6-Outlet Surge Adapter with Night Light
- 4K UHD Processor: A powerful processor optimizes your TV's performance with 4K picture quality
- HDR: See shades of color that reveal more detail than HDTV can deliver
- Smart TV with Universal Guide: Our simple on-screen guide is an easy way to find streaming content and live TV shows
- PurColor: Millions of shades of color reveal a vibrant, lifelike picture that HDTV can't create
What Should You Look For?
These are the aspects you should take into consideration when buying a television.
The most important part of the television is, surprise surprise, the screen, and the most distinctive feature of the screen is its size. Measure the area on which you are planning to place the TV and figure out which size will fit there. There are lots of calculators out there to measuring the “ideal” viewing distance for each size, but generally speaking we are firm believers of the old fashioned “the bigger the better” ideology- unless we are talking about extra cramped spaces. All these calculations are best done with your own eyes and a little bit of common sense.
If your last TV buying experience is not exactly recent, one thing to keep in mind is that the new models come with tiny frames. This means that you will have more screen area in a new 42″ TV than you had on one bought ten years ago.
This is the part where the faint-hearted tend to give up with all the different numbers and letter combinations. But fear not, they are not as complicated as they might first seem. Picture quality is one of those factors that are not just something for the sales people to boast on – there are actually differences between different models. If you want the picture to be as crisp as possible, buy a 4K (Ultra HD, UHD) television. The resolution (pixels on the screen) is four times bigger than in Full HD televisions.
As Netflix, Amazon and plenty of others streaming services have already started supporting 4K streaming you will miss out on a lot of eye candy if you settle for less. 4K is the resolution of this day and will soon enough become the standard until even bigger resolutions surpass it. This is not a dying gimmick like 3D.
But size is not all that matters. If you want a complete viewing experience (at least in terms of the technological aspects) you need to take colors and contrast into account too. This is best guaranteed by choosing an OLED TV with HDR support. The millions of colors at their best complimented with the blackest of the blacks will treat your eyes in ways the older technologies never could and as a cherry on top OLED screens generally have higher refresh rates, making them ideal for watching fast paced sports for example.
4K televisions can also scale up regular Full HD video making it look better than it would from a FHD television.
High Dynamic Range (HDR)
HDR is arguably as important as 4K resolution if you want a TV that will serve you optimally for the years to come. As a rough generalization 4K will aid the picture with sharpness while HDR takes care of the vibrancy of the colors, brightness and contrast. The basic idea of High Dynamic Range in layman’s terms is that it makes the picture look more natural by enhancing the distinction between the smallest differences of tones.
Not all HDR televisions support the technology in full effect though. If you want the best, be sure that it supports the Ultra HD Premium standard.
Smart TV features
Smart TV’s have become a industry default in a short time span and it might sound a bit confusing if your knowledge of televisions is somewhat outdated. What it means is that the modern televisions come with the ability to use various streaming platforms (Netflix, YouTube etc) straight from the telly without any further accessories. You can even use a traditional web browser with them. Tech-wise this means that smart TV’s come equipped with a processor and internet connectivity.
This might seem a bit unnecessary if your television watching habits are from the time before smart TV’s but believe us: watching your favorite show’s whenever you want with the ability to pause and rewind when you want is something that you will miss once you get used to it. Not to mention the enormous libraries of content that is available on these platforms.
One thing that the latest technology hasn’t yet brought into the tellies is proper audio. If you are the least bit serious about entertainment you must buy some sort of external audio equipment. In the past this would have required a whole another guide (and still does if you are an audiophile) but the easiest way to upgrade the audio experience is to buy a sound bar. These handy devices have gained massive popularity with their ease of use. Today they even sound great, making them a real contender for the usual amplifier + speaker set combo.
- Clean and loud sound packed in a minimalistic design
- Wireless subwoofer for extra bass and flexible placement
- Specially tuned to deliver distortion-free sound at any volume
- Sound modes (music, movies, and news) optimize performance based on content
- Eight dedicated powerful audio components to reproduce complete sound spectrum with pristine accuracy
- 95 dB of room-filling, crystal clear sound with less than 1% total harmonic distortion. Sound Bar Frequency: 70 Hz - 19 KHz
- Built-in Bluetooth lets you lose the wires and listen to your music with a tap of a finger
- Easy upgrade that boosts sound with a powerful punch
- Premium audio with DTS Studio SoundTM, DTS Tru Volume TM and DTS TruSurroundTM
- Easy Setup - Connect the Sound Bar to your TV using one of the included cables. Refer user manual for troubleshooting steps.
- Room-filling sound: powerful speakers deliver a round, high-end audio experience
- Multiple wireless and wired connections: easily connect to the sound bar via Bluetooth 4. 2 or standard audio cable Connection, RCA, and optical input
- 3 different equalizer modes: fine tune your sound bar with 3 distinct equalizer modes (games mode, music mode, movie mode) via the remote control to match your favorite sound
- Control your sound bar Remotely: handle your sound bar from the comfort of your couch or directly on the device; a repeat click of the power button switches through the functions, the LED screen will show the current function
- Slim to save space: slick 32-Inch design pleases the eye and slim Dimensions save valuable space
If you are going for extra style points you should also look into wall mounting.