Last Updated on
As you breathe the air of the freshly mown grass, you can’t help but feel relaxed. Golf not only manages to soothe your soul, but it also has various health benefits. Such advantages range from improved vision to lower risk of heart disease and a reduction in your stress level.
While for some, golf is about fostering relationships and getting peace of mind, for others, it is a sport they play to win. For those of you who fall into the latter category, you would know that there are various tools available on the market that aid in ensuring you excel at the sport. One such equipment is a laser rangefinder.
A golf laser rangefinder is used for distance measurement: it allows you to determine the distance to the fixed point with accuracy and precision. There are various models available on the market and while you may feel the urge to pick the first one you set your eyes on, we are here to tell you not to make this mistake. Choosing the best golf rangefinder requires a lot of thought.
- Patriot pack includes protective skin, CR2 battery and carry case
- Field of view 368 feet at 1000 yards; Ranging accuracy accurate to 1 yard
- Coatings multi coated. Extra long eye relief 21 millilitre
- Class 1 laser with less than 0.5 mW average power output
- LASER RANGEFINDER; Our VPRO500 Laser Rangefinder is a premium product, measuring up to 540 yards with continuous scan mode, advanced Pin-Sensor technology, and a durable, water resistant body
- PIN-SEEKER TECHNOLOGY; provides fast measurement with 1 yard accuracy, together with Pin-Sensor technology to accurately measure overlapping subjects, perfect for measuring golf flags, hazards and wooded areas (Yards or Meters)
- THROUGH THE LENS DISPLAY; premium, ultra clear, multilayered optics with easy read, through the lens display with distance and battery meter, and continuous measurement mode for fast, convenient measurements
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND PORTABLE; measures just 104 x 72 x 41 mm and weighing just 185g, with a water and dust resistant, durable body, perfect for carrying while golfing or hunting, or for measuring and surveying without extra weight or bulk
- FULL PACKAGE; Complete rangefinder package for quick setup, including premium carrying pouch, CR2 battery, wrist strap, microfiber cleaning cloth, quick start guide, TecTecTec Happy Guarantee for 2 Years (Online Registration Required) and Lifetime customer support
- Slope feature measures angle of incline/decline and automatically calculates slope adjusted distance
- 6x magnification; range 5-1000 yards with +/- 1 yard accuracy
- Pin acquisition technology (P.A.T.) quickly locks onto the pin from up to 300 yards away
- Exclusive BIRDIE feature delivers audible "chirp" to confirm distance acquisition to flagstick
- Scan functionality allows golfers to acquire distances to multiple targets at once
How to Choose the Perfect Golf Rangefinder
There are various factors that you need to consider when making the purchasing decision.
The key element to look for in a golf rangefinder is the range of distance it can measure. Make sure you pick the product that offers you the maximum range.
No one wants to be stuck with a product which is highly complicated to understand, especially if you are a novice. Therefore, when analyzing a product, be sure that you are well aware of its complexity.
Golf is a sport that can extend for hours depending on your passion and interest in the game. If you plan on being on a golf course for a long time, you wouldn’t want a product which is inconvenient to carry. Therefore, the size and weight of the product are highly significant. Make sure you pick a product which is small and lightweight.
Best Golf Rangefinders – Premium Models
We decided to split the list into two categories – premium and budget. The premium range comes first and then we introduce two budget alternatives that are under $200. Ultimately they are not your typical “budget” choices as they are very high end devices also but as we’re focused on the BEST alternatives on the market we felt we had to set a certain standard and 200 dollars felt appropriate. You can find cheap budget options elsewhere while we are looking into making a separate guide about those.
Bushnell Pro X7 Jolt Slope
This golf rangefinder succeeds in satisfying its customers and in delivering high-quality performance. It has a unique and robust design and features ease of use, which allows this product to be one of the best golf rangefinders available.
Two key features which make this product into what it is are the jolt technology and the slope feature.
The jolt technology allows this product to deliver top-notch performance and allows the players to target their pin with immense ease. It does so by vibrating when it detects a pin. Therefore, it lets you focus on your target and ensures precision. Such a technology sets it apart from other products.
Moreover, the slope feature succeeds in adding value to the product. While some products merely tell you the distance range, this product takes slope into account as well. It has a built-in accelerometer which takes into account the slope between you and the pin and provides you with an accurate reading after adjusting it for the elevation. Such a feature has resonated well with golfers everywhere who prefer using this product for this very characteristic.
Pros and Cons
This product has succeeded in impressing its customers with its high-quality and value-added features. The premium material used in the making of this product has made it highly durable, a characteristic which every customer craves for. Moreover, the enhanced magnification ensures that users are provided with clear images. The fact that the measurements are readable and the product is easy to use has allowed this product to leave its mark.
However, compared to other available products, this golf rangefinder is on the pricey side. Nonetheless, the inclusion of an array of features makes up for the high cost.
- This product can lock a pin from a range of 5 yards to 1 mile with an accuracy of 0.5 yards
- It features 7 times magnification and optics which are HD in nature
- It has Extreme Speed Precision or ESP 2
- It is accompanied with a display technology which provides an excellent contrast and crisp images
- The case of the item is waterproof and has a rubber coating, so it is durable as well
Bushnell Tour V4 Jolt
Bushnell is a well-known name amongst golfers. It is because the company is known for providing premium quality products. The Tour V4 Jolt is one such product which is a well-rounded winner for the title of the best golf rangefinder.
This product combines two value-added technologies to come up with an even better product. Its jolt technology with Pin Seeker ensures that you can find a flag or pin, even if it cannot be seen via the naked eye. Once the pin has been located, the vibration feature of the jolt technology makes sure you are aware of the detection.
Moreover, the product is accompanied by the ability to measure a distance at a high range of 1000 yards. You can use the rangefinder to lock a pin which is more than 400 yards away. It does so while maintaining an accuracy of 1 yard. Such precision further elevates its claim of providing a high-quality experience.
Pros and Cons
The product has been appreciated for its value-added technology and ability to adjust its measurements for elevation. Moreover, the design and size of the product are marked by light weight and compactness which, in turn, ensures portability.
However, the process of inserting batteries into the product is marked by some difficulty, which leads to inconvenience.
Nevertheless, when you take its affordable price and features into account, you can forgo the slight drawback.
- The product contains a magnification ability of 5 times
- Its fast focus system allows you to view your shots clearly
- The product is certified for tournaments
- The exterior of the product includes a blue silicone skin which ensures durability
- It features a slope technology for better performance
Leupold 4i Series
Leupold makes great rangefinders but they’re irritatingly hard to find on the market. If you can find yourself a good deal give it a go.
This rangefinder is accompanied with a TGR feature. Such a characteristic allows this product to use algorithms, which are patented, to analyze data and decide which reading measures the distance from a pin and which measurement is of no use.
Furthermore, the prism lock feature of the product allows you to locate a distant pin with ease. All you have to do is hold the button to scan the area for a possible flagstick, and the product will beep when it finds one. Such a characteristic makes it highly convenient to use.
Pros and Cons
This product has been praised for its high-quality and sleek exterior which users find very aesthetically pleasing. Moreover, it accurately measures the distance to the pin, thereby serving its primary purpose.
However, the product picks up signals for various other products, which causes disruption in its performance.
- The product is digital in nature and has an aluminum body which enhances durability
- The display of the product allows for crisp images
- The Pin Hunter allows for better calibration
- It has a range of 1500 yards
Best Golf Rangefinders Under $200
Nikon 8397 ACULON
This rangefinder is dubbed to be one of the best ones out there for both novice and expert players. Such a title can be attributed to the fact that its single-button operation makes it easy to use.
As we have discussed above, one of the primary features to look for in a rangefinder is portability. The manufacturers of this product understand this need of customers. Therefore, they have provided this product with an ultra-compact frame. Such a frame is small enough for you to carry it around in your pocket easily. When such a feature is added to the fact that this product only weighs 5.6 ounces, customers are bound to be satisfied with the enhanced portability.
Furthermore, this product is marked by easy readability and usage. This feature is ensured by the premium quality display and the fact that operating the rangefinder only requires pressing a single button.
Together, these two features set this product apart from the array of available golf rangefinders.
Pros and Cons
Users of this product have lauded it for being fast and convenient to use. Its enhanced portability has made it popular amongst the masses. The fact that the product is affordable has also increased its overall appeal. Moreover, older players find the one-button operation highly convenient to use.
However, some have reported that the product uses a lot of battery life and such a drawback makes it slightly inconvenient to use.
Nonetheless, considering the low price of the product, customers tend to overlook the drawback and believe that for the given price, the rangefinder offers great value.
- The display features a range of 1-meter interval
- It has dimensions of 3.6″ x 2.9″ x 1.5″
- It features a distant target priority mode which allows this product to show the distance to the pin which is furthest away
- The magnification of the product is six times which ensures that the images are clear and crisp
- The product includes a 20 mm objective lens and a long eye relief of 16.7 mm
- It is made with various multilayer coatings, which ensure that the act of light transmission is enhanced
- It can measure distances up to 550 yards
- The case of the product is waterproof, making it suitable for rainy days
Many of us face budget constraints and crave for a product which is both highly functional and easy on the pocket. This product succeeds in providing just that.
The major feature which allows this product to stand out is the inclusion of trio modes. Such a method has allowed this product to be unique and, therefore, appealing to the masses. The trio modes include “First Target Priority” (which aids you in locating the nearest pin), “ProScan,” and “Distance Target Priority” (which helps locate the pin that is farthest away from the golfer). Such options enhance the convenience of using the product.
Moreover, various other rangefinders on the market are susceptible to disruptions from the signal coming from other products. This rangefinder, however, successfully avoids this pitfall. With the help of its Auto-Target Acquisition Technology, this product ensures that you can locate the pin you want to target.
Pros and Cons
Various advantages mark the product. Such benefits include the enhanced portability offered via the compact built and the light weight of the product. Moreover, the rangefinder operates with the help of a single button which enhances its usability feature. The inclusion of various technologies in the product also ensures that you can mark your pin effectively.
However, unlike the items mentioned above, this product is not fully water resistant. Such a disadvantage means that this product is not suitable for rainy days.
Regardless of the given drawback, the product succeeds in satisfying customers and is the one of the best golf rangefinders to use on a sunny day.
- The rangefinder is laser in nature and can measure a distance of maximum 540 yards when in “ProScan” mode
- It features a Pinsensor technology which allows for fast measurement
- The product has an accuracy of 1 yard
- The lens display ensures that you are provided with clear images
- The multilayered optics of the screen are easy to read
- The dimension of the product are 104*72*41 mm which makes it compact and portable
All of these products succeed in providing added benefits on top of flawlessly performing the primary function of measuring the distance to the pin effectively.
If you value premium performance, you will be satisfied with any of the mentioned products. But remember, there is no golf accessory invented that will magically turn you into Tiger Woods. A good place to start working your way up is our 10 tips for mental aspects of the beautiful game.
Last update on 2020-04-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API