Summer holidays are getting closer and closer and you still haven’t figured out how to get your kids spend some time outside the house? Today’s your lucky day. We have a solution that even you can enjoy during the heat season: get an above ground pool on your yard!
If this is the first time the whole idea even crosses your mind you’re probably thinking that only rich people have their own pools and you couldn’t possibly afford one? We’re about to show you that there are a lot of affordable options too.
Before you buy it’s wise to do some brain work to eliminate all potential hiccups and making to process as easy as possible. Let’s have a look on all the aspects you should think before pressing the buy button!
- RESIN COATED STEEL - This elegantly designed above ground pool features a super strong steel wall that has been hot dip galvanized for protection. The copper bearing steel wall is resin coated both on the inside and outside offering great protection against premature rusting while offering maximum longevity.
- BEAUTIFUL BEDROCK PATTERN LINER - Take a dip into the glistening waters of Bedrock and experience the visual of pebbles and seashells at your feet. The North American cut material is hand-folded to prevent permanent creasing and excess wrinkling. Before installing, lay the liner out in the sun for a minimum of one hour to warm up the vinyl ensuring it is able to stretch when adding water. The best temperatures to install would be between 70-80 degrees.
- ALL YEAR READY - The Meadows Reprieve above ground swimming pool is designed to remain in place all year round. It offers easy one-time installation as all parts are made specifically for this 24' round pool as a result of exact-fit components that lock out corrosion. Interlocking stabilizer rails and coping strips fit tightly over your liner and the top of the pool wall locking the Bedrock liner in place.
- PERFECT BACKYARD POOL - Why miss out on the fun this summer, when you could be the center of it all? Owning a swimming pool can enhance family time, promote fitness, and it is a social magnet! Your family and friends will be begging to come over. This All-American made outdoor pool makes for the ideal gathering place to stay cool.
- SAFE AND SECURE DELIVERY - The pool itself will be shipped via freight services and a valid phone number will need to be shared in advance of shipping. This number will be provided to our freight carriers so they can contact you to schedule a delivery appointment. Be sure to inspect your swimming pool for damages before signing for this shipment. Complimentary liftgate service is included allowing for curbside delivery. NOTE: The liner and skimmer will ship separately from the pool.
- Gray outer liner and blue tile-print inner liner for a classic, clean look
- Easy maintenance with sand that only needs routine backwashing and replacing every 5 years
- Quick set up means it's ready for water in 90 minutes
- Manufacturer warranty: 2-year warranty
- Encapsulating inner and outer powder coating prevents rusting
- Uniquely designed frame combines high quality galvanized Steel with Precision engineered locking system, enhancing the overall quality, durability and stability of the pools
- Rust resistance: encapsulating inner and outer powder coating ensures the ultimate resistance to rust
- 2-year manufacturer's Warranty
- Includes 110-120V sand filter pump with pump flow Rate 2, 100 gallons per hour, pool ladder, ground cloth and pool cover
- Ready for water in 60 minutes. Water capacity (90%): 6, 981 gallons
Why Above Ground Pool?
Well, the answer is in the name itself. Because above ground swimming pools get installed above ground the decision is a lot easier. A traditional in-ground pool would require a lot more pondering, planning, work and money. Would we really use it? What if the kids get bored of it after a while? Where would we place it? Buying a cheap above ground pool removes all these whatabouts because they are not as permanent as in-ground swimming pools.
Above Ground Pool Comparison Table
|Photo||Measurements||Water Capacity (90% full, gallons)||Price (Amazon.com)|
|INTEX 12ft X 30in||Width: 12 ft|
Height: 30 in
|SUMMER WAVES 12 ft x 33 in||Width: 12 ft|
Height: 33 in
|Bestway 197030 Power Steel Pool||13ft 11in x 8ft 2in x 39.5 in||1,915||Out of stock|
|Bestway Steel Pro 12 ft x 48 in||Width: 12 ft|
Height: 48 in
|Bestway 14 ft x 42 in Power Steel Frame||Width: 14 ft|
Height: 42 in
|INTEX 15ft X 42in||Width: 15 ft|
Height: 42 in
|Intex 16ft X 8ft X 42in||16 ft x 8 ft x 42 in||?||Check on Amazon|
|SUMMER WAVES Elite 16 ft x 48 in||Width: 16 ft|
Height: 48 in
|INTEX 18ft X 48in Easy Set||Width: 18 ft|
Height: 42 in
|INTEX 24ft X 52in||Width: 24 ft|
Height: 52 in
|Intex 32ft X 16ft X 52in Ultra Frame||32 ft x 16 ft x 52 in||14,364|
Things To Consider
We know that this might sound silly considering the article is specifically about cheap above ground pools. But because a pool, above ground or not, is never the cheapest impulse purchase you might want to take a while thinking exactly how much are you willing to put money in it. If you go for the cheapest possible option, will it be too small after a year or two? Will it even last that long? Do you even want it to last that long, or are you looking for a single summer amusement?
Size & Shape
Above ground pools come in three shapes: round, rectangular and oval. Popularity of the shapes is in the respective order – round is by far the most popular, rectangular second and oval models are pretty rare.
Choosing between these is up to your preference, but round pools will always give you the largest area to enjoy. They are also easier to maintain thanks to their naturally better circulation of water.
Size varies from tiny pools for toddlers to enormous 24 ft wide pools that can hold up to 12,481 gallons of water. Naturally the most imperative factor in choosing the proper size is the space on your yard. Be very precise with the measurements – you don’t want to end up with a pool that you can’t fit in its place just because you were too lazy.
Also remember to allow enough space for a deck in case you decide to add one later on. You would not be the first one to purchase a deep above ground pool and then later realize that a deck makes it much more enjoyable.
Other than that there isn’t really much to discuss here – while we believe that with pools the bigger is always better you might have other ideas. Naturally the price will rise along with the size, but we will only include the cheapest above ground pools from their respective categories.
Type – Hard or Soft?
Roughly speaking above ground pools can be divided in two groups: soft-sided and hard-sided pools. Soft-sided pools are probably the first image that comes into your head when thinking of the whole concept. Hard-sided pools are quite understandably more durable, but you will pay a lot more for the same size.
When you dig deeper into the world of swimming pools you’ll quickly notice that there are differences in soft-sided pools and in hard-sided pools too – some have frames, some are inflatable, some are steel, some are aluminum etc. Aluminum models are the most durable, but they are also out of our budget since we are focusing on cheap above ground pools. You get what you pay for applies to pools too.
Accessories – Pumps, Filters, Ladders
You won’t have much fun with just a pool with no water – or with a pool filled with dirty water. This is where the accessories come in, but luckily even the budget above ground pools come with the essentials.
Once again, it’s not worth going too much into detail about pumps for instance, since if we are looking for cheap alternatives then we probably aren’t going to get the most expensive pump either?
Even when operating on a tight budget you don’t want to neglect these – unless you don’t mind if your pool has a short lifespan.
Pool cover is a must for pools bigger than the smallest toddler pools that you will empty and store after every use. There are various types of covers on the market but they all serve the same purpose: prevent anything extra from getting into the water.
Chemicals are used to keep the water clean. Be sure to buy something that is suited for the material of your pool. You’ll find a lot of alternatives dedicated entirely for pool cleaning.
Pool cleaners/vacuums will remove anything additional that is in your water, but for a budget setup we would recommend just a leaf skimmer net.
Remember – Safety First!
Never use a pool as a babysitter. No matter how skilled your kid is in the water, always be within seeing distance.
Last update on 2019-10-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API